Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Ears Have Touched Down In Ko Olina

So I've got this obsession. Call it a compulsion if you will. It's quite often an addiction. And it's bordering on substance abuse. The substance? All things Disney. And the moment I realized that it's starting to corrupt my every being is when I end up flying 2,500 miles in order to make it to opening day ceremony at the NEW! Aulani: A Disney Resort & Spa. True, it's not the only reason why I visited Hawaii this time around, but the visit became more "magical" and it definitely heightened the trip.

Hello, my name is RJ Guillermo, "last name Guillermo," and I'm addicted to Disney.

Built in the resort area of Oahu called Ko Olina, the Aulani is the new kid on the block and is dubbed the flagship resort and entertainment facility of Ko Olina (and of Oahu for that matter). The first phase of the construction project is complete and since the previews & VIP events at Aulani, the reviews have been great!

Aulani means: King's Messenger in Hawaiian/Polynesian, and it's definitely got a message that falls nothing short of what we've come to expect with Disney.


As you enter the main lobby of Aulani, you're greeted by a natural environment filled with open-air spaces and island-craft materials that combine an appreciation for such an area steeped in tradition with modern Disney faire.


The 21-acre resort plays host to its main character: water. It's all over the place - and it's for ALL ages!


The Menehune Vinylmation collectors edition becomes my first item in my collectors series. It's the perfect take-home gift for my first visit to Aulani on its opening day!




Calling this an obsession is saying it mildly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment