Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Those Darn Barn Animals!

I promised myself that I'd do a follow-up to my first Gentle Barn posting after our first successful visit to the farm with the Penny Lane Kids and Layers of Love LA. I say "first" visit because to put it simply: we'll be back.



Ellie Laks founded the Gentle Barn when she was 7 years old! Really - how can a 7-year-old be the sole proprietor of a business that sweeps animals who have been abused in all ways, shapes and forms and gives them a home? It's quite easy - she only asked to do unto others as she would have them do unto her (and that INCLUDES 4-legged creatures, 6-legged creatures, all-legged creatures of any kind).




Truly an inspiration and a fixture to the Gentle Barn community is Buddha - the "therapy cow". 

I never thought a farm, let alone barn animals, would be therapeutic in any sense of the word, but I have to say that after spending the days with these animals, there is nothing else in this world that can be soothing than combing the mane of a beautiful cow; rubbing "Buddha's" belly made me believe.

Check out the Gentle Barn's website for more information on how you can donate to such a wonderful cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment