Friday, June 17, 2011

Dad: An Active Member

In honor of Father's Day this weekend, I thought I'd pay homage to a staple in the Guillermo household: the Members Only jacket. It was introduced to Americans in 1979 (the year I was born) with the advertising tagline: 'when you put it on, something happens." 

I have indefinitely revered this jacket, mostly in part because my dad sported it on any occasion, inside/outside, in different colors, sleeves rolled or arms full, zipped-up or down, but always, certainly, with confidence and security.

I could not be any more prouder today to be a member of his family and I can only wish to wear this jacket with pride and humility. When "I" put it on, something amazing happens: I am reminded that I am my dad's son.

Happy Father's Day Everyone!



DONATE to Alzheimer's Association

No comments:

Post a Comment